MS Information Architecture > User Experience Design, Kent State University
BA Communications > Journalism, Loyola University Maryland
UX Content Strategist for Vanguard
March 2019 to Present | Malvern, Pennsylvania
Currently serving as a content strategist supporting two digital experience lab teams within the investment firm’s Client Experience (CX) group.
- Developed content strategies based on business and user needs.
- Audited and analyzed existing content on Vanguard and competitor platforms.
- Facilitated discovery workshops, user research, and user testing.
- Coordinated internal communication efforts on behalf of lab teams; drafted articles.
- Wrote UX and longer form copy for several interfaces.
Assistant Vice President, Senior UX Content Strategist for T. Rowe Price
January 2014 to April 2019 | Baltimore, Maryland
Served as a senior content strategist on the digital experience team supporting the investment firm’s digital marketing efforts and several websites.
- Audited and analyzed existing marketing content on T. Rowe Price and competitor platforms.
- Developed content strategy, maintenance and governance plans.
- Drafted content guidelines and managed digital content style guide.
- Created web analytic reports, synthesized metric data, and developed SEO keyword strategies.
- Developed detailed information architectures and taxonomies for large website projects.
Senior Writer for T. Rowe Price
August 2008 to December 2013 | Baltimore, Maryland
Served as a senior copywriter in the digital creative department supporting the investment firm’s corporate promotional and educational digital initiatives.
- Developed SEO keyword strategies; drafted optimized website copy and metadata.
- Drafted social media posts; wrote promotional and UX copy for several corporate websites.
- Conducted interviews and wrote articles for industry publications.
- Created new copy for brochures, newsletters and advertisements.
- Served as mentor, reviewer, and editor for junior writers.
Freelance Journalist & Writer
September 2005 to Present | York, Pennsylvania
Currently serving as a freelance writer for self-owned business working on wide variety of creative assignments and projects as well as reporting for local newspapers.
- Covered school district and municipal meetings for local daily newspapers.
- Wrote feature stories and special project copy.
- Created social media editorial calendars and wrote posts.
- Generated copy for corporate annual reports and edited contract copy.
- Reviewed, edited and wrote copy for websites.
Staff Writer for Tribune Publishing Company
September 2002 to September 2005 | Columbia, Maryland
Served as a staff writer / reporter in the editorial department covering stories for the company’s several Baltimore area weekly newspapers and monthly magazines as well as writing marketing copy.
- Composed several feature articles and short pieces.
- Wrote copy for advertisements and advertorials.
- Crafted copy and content used for radio and television commercials.
- Supervised photo and video shoots.
- Prepared talking points and interview discussion questions.
Content Management Systems
Adobe Experience Manager
Copywriting and Presentations
Site Maps and Process Flows
Web Analytics and Metrics
Wireframes and Prototypes